Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas Day 12 1/2



Ok I had two issues with this post and both were completely a ditzy moment on my behalf... 1) I have no clue which teacher gift I forgot in my 12 Days of Christmas but whatever it was I didn't take a picture of it and 2) I don't follow recipes so when something turns out great I have no idea what I did or can I tell someone how I do it. This drives my family CRAZY!!! BUT I will try to tell you HOW I made the puppy chow even though you can probably find a recipe somewhere. I got irritated the first time I made this by the recipe I found online because I had about 2 cups of Chex cereal left over and it seemed like such a waste. SO I made 1 large box of cereal, by melting 1 stick of butter, 3/4 C peanut butter, and 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips plus about a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. I melted this in the microwave for about 2 1/2 minutes on cook power 5 and stirring about ever 30 seconds. I dumped the cereal in a paper grocery bag and poured the melted mixture over it. I shook the bag well until all the cereal was covered. I then dumped about 2 cups of powdered sugar and repeated the shaking process. I then dumped it out on wax paper or foil to 'cool' or dry. I bagged it up with some Christmas ribbon. I got about 12 bags out of it.

No comments: